Today I was pleasantly surprised with a little comment from Jayme over at Trendy in Third about nominating me for the Liebster Award, and I am so grateful! This award is given to up and coming bloggers with 200 or less followers. Thanks so much, Jayme! Make sure you check out her blog, it is adorable! Chevron, stripes, and polka dots?! All my favs!
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters (step-family, but they’re still family!)
2. I married my best friend in July and we’re enjoying the ride!
3. I am highly addicted to coffee, especially when I’m visiting my grandma (we just sit & talk and drink massive amounts of coffee – love it)
4. I. die. for. Mexican. food. Which is kind of sad, because I’m 100% Italian. I just love those Margaritas and Guacamole!
5. I love to craft, and sometimes wish I taught the way little kiddos, so I could make them craft with me at school.
6. I’m totally obsessed with Home Décor, and I am constantly rearranging our home and finding junk to refurbish. DIY and Home Décor blogs are no good for this gal! I also move my classroom around constantly and my kids HATE IT!
7. Cooking is definitely not a favorite of mine (I hate the clean up), BUT give me a crock-pot recipe and I will go to town.
8. Pinterest is my bestest friend, but also worst enemy! (back-track to the home décor obsession)
9. In another life, I would be a WEDDING PLANNER. I had so so so much fun planning mine, and I want to do it again (I die for wedding dresses…)
10. Every single year, I pump myself up that I’m going to start a garden and I always fail! L
11. One day, I plan to get my doctorate in Special Education, so I can teach others about how wonderful this job truly is!
1) What grade do you currently teach? Have you taught any other grades?
I am one of two sped teachers at my school, and I focus on the third and fourth grade students. Last year, I taught in a resource classroom in a high school. It was definitely a challenge, but I absolutely fell in love with my students and enjoyed the year. In one day, I taught Biology (yikes!), English 10-11-12, History (my favorite!), and some learning skills classes. I was back to studying books at home every night before teaching!
2) What is your favorite thing about teaching? Least favorite?My favorite thing about teaching is for sure my students – they light up my world!
Least fav – sped paperwork is nooo walk in the park…
3) If your school was donated $25,000, what would you want your principal to purchase?Ipad lab for students, and exercise balls instead of those awful, uncomfortable, cold chairs.
4) What is your favorite TV show?
Sex in the City will always be my number 1 (reruns now), but I love GLEE too!
5) If you could go back in time, what era would you choose to visit?
80s– no doubt
6) What is your school mascot?
We are the STARS – they tie in the constellations with each class.
7) How many kids are in your class?
I have so many students on my caseload, but I go into several classrooms and co-teach.
8) What is your current obsession?
Teacher blogs – it’s unbelievable how amazing these teachers are and how much I’ve learned through them
BUT.. I am also currently obsessed with scarves, boots, and tights!
9) What is your idea of relaxing after a crazy day of teaching?
Bubble bath & glass of vino!
10) Do you have a favorite holiday treat or drink? I’m a huge cookie fan.. ESP. Pizzelles (Italian cookie – not sure if that’s the correct spelling)
11) Heels or flats?
My questions for my nominated bloggers:
1. What made you start a blog?
2. What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
3. Name one person you admire and why.
4. Do you like sports? If so, what’s your favorite team?
5. Why did you choose to be a teacher?
6. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do with your money?
7. What is your most memorable moment so far in your life?
8. What do you want the most for Christmas?
9. Do you like to shop? Where’s your favorite place?
10. What are three blogs you constantly read?
11. What are your future goals?
1. Sparkling in Third Grade
2. Squyre’s Special Class
3. Polka Dots and Teaching Tots
4. Breezy Special Ed
5. Special Teachers for Special Kids
6. A Special Kind of Place
7. Mindful Rambles
8. The Eager Teacher
9. Your Smarticles
10. The Candy Apple Blog
11. Busy as a Honey Bee
All of these blogs are worth a look, they are the cutest designs and packed with tons of freebies and teaching goodies!
Thanks again to Jayme at Trendy in Third for the nomination!